Witness the magical journey of Dorothy Gale in Repertory Philippines’ The Wizard of Oz on August 19 (valued at P700)
- Voucher is valid for a ticket to The Wizard of Oz by Repertory Philippines at Onstage Greenbelt.
- Orchestra for P499 (valued at P850)
- Balcony for P399 (valued at P700)
- Voucher is valid on August 19, 2012, 2:30PM only.
- Unlimited voucher purchase per person
- Maximum of 1 voucher per person per show
- First come first serve seating.
- Tickets may be picked up at Ensogo Office from July 23 to August 17, 2012 (Monday to Friday, 10:00AM to 5:00PM only).
- Please refer to the seat plan in the gallery.
- Standard Ensogo terms:
- Voucher is transferable and may be given as gift.
- Price is inclusive of service charge and VAT.
- All paid transactions are non-refundable.
- Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with senior citizen card, and any discount card or promotion.
- Voucher is valid as a discount coupon.
- Failure to redeem vouchers within validity period will render the voucher invalid.
- Play Schedule: 2:30PM-4:30PM
- Please present your Ensogo vouchers when claiming the ticket.
- Relive your childhood memories and tag your kids along to an exciting remake of a classic favorite, Wizard of Oz in Repertory Philippines.
- Repertory Philippines, giving birth to countless world-class musicals since 1967, marks its 45th anniversary this 2012. In line with this, they will be producing 3 hit musicals for the whole season and one of these is the timeless children’s story, The Wizard of Oz.
- Directly based on the novel by L. Frank Baum, watch Dorothy as she conquers the City of Emeralds to find the Wizard of Oz who, according to the Good Witch of the North, can help her find her way back home.
- Sing and dance with this remarkable character as she eases down the unforgettable yellow brick road and stumbles upon her magical friends: Tin man, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion.
- A magical story of love for family, friendship, courage, finding the self and many more, this is a great weekend bonding for family and friends.
- Wizard of Oz was also made for the big screen in 1939 and launched the career of Judy Garland when she took the role of Dorothy Gale at the age of 16. She is known for singing the film’s Academy Award-winning original composition, ‘Over the Rainbow’.
- However, Repertory Philippines creates a refreshing twist to this as they isolate the elements of the 1936 version of the Wizard of Oz including their lineup of songs for this year’s presentation. This stage presentation was adapted for the stage by Jim Eiler, set to music by Eiler and Jeanne Bargy and directed by Joy Virata.
- A remarkable cast is sure to grace the stage including Bituin Escalante as the Wicked Witch of the West.
- The show will be running from August 18 to December 16, 2012 at the Repertory Philippines.
Most of the remarkable values that were instilled in us delve from the many classic stories narrated to us countless times throughout our childhood. Take a step back to memory lane and relive the story of Dorothy Gale as Repertory Philippines revives The Wizard of Oz with a refreshing musical twist. This presentation will be in line with the celebration of their 45 years of giving world-class musicals executed to perfection by the most talented theatre actors and actresses of this generation.
Follow Dorothy’s accidental journey to the fields of Munchkin Country (via a tornado, no less) where she meets the Good Witch of the East who grants her silver shoes and orders her to find the Wizard of Oz in the City of Emeralds so he can help her find her way home. Walk with her on the yellow brick road and meet her magical friends, the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion. Chuckle, gasp, and sing along as the foursome conquer all the obstacles – including the Wicked Witch of the West – on this journey of self-discovery and many other priceless experiences.
This story is a legendary piece which reflects great values: accepting friends exactly for who they are, following your own yellow brick road or finding the destined path for you, finding oneself and being proud of showing who you really are, treasuring the value of home, believing in your own power and capability in conquering many challenges and many more. Be swept away by L. Frank Baum’s masterpiece that will be brought to life by the Repertory Philippines, via this special Ensogo treat.